Tuesday, August 10, 2010

bienvenue!

it was only a matter of time until i took my love of food and threw it onto the web to share with whoever (whomever?) out there feels the need to partake with me in my eating adventures.

i'm not exactly sure what this blog will be so don't get all judgemental. you can definitely bet that i won't be capitalizing my sentences.

to start off this food-venture, i share with you my attempt at making sushi this last weekend. i love, love sushi and i've made cali rolls as a kid, so how much harder could spicy tuna rolls be? lesson learned: it is WORTH EVERY PENNY (this kind of capitalizing is acceptable) to pay for someone else to do it. second lesson learned: a little fish goes a long way.

there were three of us, and with $60 dollars spent on supplies, we made NINETY pieces of sushi...and had about FORTY pieces leftover. luckily we were able to pawn it off on some others later that evening. it was pretty tasty though. no one got food poisoning, so i would call it a success :)

the ingredients


the workers


the final product! yum yum.


the leftovers...

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Good on you for making sushi, it looks great! I've been wondering lately if I should try it and I decided I would definitely mess it up, glad to hear that you think it's worth paying someone else to do it because that's what I plan to do ;)
    I'm excited you have a food blog, I'll add it to my google reader! Hope you're well :)
    Sara (B)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks sara! it's been so long! it is definitely fun to try making it at least once, but yea, i would pay someone else to go through the motions :)

    take care!!

    ReplyDelete