Monday, November 15, 2010

uninspired dinner

i was a little uninspired/too lazy to make something legit for dinner tonight so i took a look at what the good ol' pantry had. i contemplated the ramen (when do i not crave ramen?) but my logical self decided i needed something with a bit more substance. let's be honest, i really keep the ramen in there for nights that include many...libations ;)

so i finally settled on my last can of emergency tuna from costco. i like tuna because you can experiment with it. for instance tonight, i added in some low fat mayo, some spicy brown mustard, cumin (probably my favorite spice EVER), salt, pepper and some a lot of dashes frank's hot sauce.

it turned out pretty decent for me being very lazy! i had some thin buns, found some arugula and gouda so i turned it into a tuna melt without having to pull out a george forman or a pan. how? you ask? my good friend craig taught me a trick. all you need to do is first toast the bread, and then afterward you can put cheese on either slice and pop it in the microwave to melt. it keeps the bread from getting soft and gross :) try it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment